API 580 Preparation Course
This class is two-day course designed to prepare the participant to take the API RP 580 Risk-based Inspection (RBI) Supplemental Inspection Certification Examination.
This course will be based on the following subjects as provided in API RP 580:
- The Basic Concepts of RBI
- Risk Management and Risk Reduction
- Inspection Optimization
- Relative Risk vs. Absolute Risk
- Introduction to Risk-based Inspection
- Planning the RBI Assessment
- Data and Information Collection
- Damage Mechanisms and Failure Modes
- Assessing Probability of Failure
- Assessing Consequence of Failure
- Risk Assessment and Management
Attendees are required to bring the API Recommended Practice 580.
API states the Body of Knowledge for this examination is the entire API-580 document.
*Early registration is required; pre course study material is provided. Registration must be received at least four weeks prior to the start date of the course.
*API and ASME Code Books are not provided and are the responsibility of the participant.