API 570 Preparation Course
This class is an intense one-week (5 instructional days) course designed to prepare the participant to take the API-570 Piping Inspector Certification Examination. The course is also beneficial for design, maintenance, fabrication, engineering, reliability, and repair personnel of process piping systems interested in learning more about the Codes and how to navigate through them.
This course will include detailed instruction in:
- Corrosion Rate and Remaining Life determination
- Maximum Allowable Working Pressure
- Minimum Required Thickness
- Evaluation of Locally Thinned Areas
- Pressure Testing Requirements
- Inspection Frequency Determination
- Welding and Nondestructive Testing Requirements
- Repairs and Alterations
- Daily Quizzes
- Practice Example Examinations
Attendees are required to have access to the edition of the Codes, Standards, and Recommended Practices detailed in the applicable “Publications Effectivity Sheet” available on the API website.
- API 570, Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Re-rating of In-Service Piping Systems
- API-RP 571, Damage Mechanisms Affecting Fixed Equipment
- API - RP 574, Inspection of Piping, Tubing, Valves, and Fittings
- API-RP 577, Welding Inspection and Metallurgy
- ASME B31.3, Process Piping
- ASME B16.5, Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings
- ASME Section IX, Welding, Brazing, and Fusion Qualifications (Welding only)
- ASME Section V, Nondestructive Examination
*Early registration is required; pre course study material is provided. Registration must be received at least four weeks prior to the start date of the course. Registrations, after this time period, will be accepted based on the participant's familiarity with Code topics.
*API and ASME Code Books are not provided and are the responsibility of the participant.