API 510 Preparation Course
This course is an intense one-week (5 instructional days) course designed to prepare the participant to take the API-510 Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification Examination. The course is also beneficial for design, operating, maintenance, fabrication, engineering, reliability, and repair personnel of process vessels interested in learning more about the Codes and how to navigate through them.
The course curriculum will include detailed instruction in:
- Impact Testing
- Hydrostatic Testing
- Cylindrical components under internal pressure
- Inspection Frequency Determination
- Repairs, Alterations, and Re-rating Requirements
- Welding and Nondestructive Testing Requirements
- Daily Quizzes
- Practice Example Examinations
Attendees are required to have access to the edition of the Codes, Standards, and Recommended Practices detailed in the applicable “Publications Effectivity Sheet” available on the API website.
- API 510, Pressure Vessel Inspection Code
- API-RP 571, Damage Mechanisms Affecting Fixed Equipment
- API - RP 572 Inspection of Pressure Vessels
- API - RP 576 Inspection of Pressure-Relieving Devices
- API-RP 577, Welding Inspection and Metallurgy
- ASME Section VIII, Division 1, Pressure Vessels
- ASME Section IX, Welding, Brazing, and Fusion Qualifications (Welding only)
- ASME Section V, Nondestructive Examination
*API only permits the use of non-programmable calculators during the examination.
*Early registration is required; pre course study material is provided. Registration must be received at least four weeks prior to the start date of the course. Registrations, after this time period, will be accepted based on the participant's familiarity with Code topics.
*API and ASME Code Books are not provided and are the responsibility of the participant.